Sunday 30 August 2015

Chrissie Hynde Criticised For Rape Remarks.

Chrissie Hynde, founding member of the Pretenders, has courted criticism after saying that women should not complain if they dress provocatively and then get sexually assaulted.

Hynde, who has herself been raped, told The Sunday Times: "If I'm walking around and I'm very modestly dressed and I'm keeping to myself and someone attacks me, then I'd say that's (the attacker's) fault.

"But if I'm being very lairy and putting it about and being provocative, then you are enticing someone who is already unhinged - don't do that. Come on! That's just common sense."

The 63-year-old's new book - Reckless - tells of her punk rebellion, drug-fuelled excess, and how she was sexually assaulted while high on drugs.


Sky News.
Full story at Yahoo News.

No comments:

Post a Comment