Sunday 15 November 2015

Alex Jennings: I owe Dame Maggie Smith for Lady In The Van role.

Alex Jennings has credited Dame Maggie Smith for landing him a role in The Lady In The Van.

The pair, who previously worked together on stage, were reunited for Nicholas Hytner’s drama, adapted by Alan Bennett from his 1999 West End play of the same name.

“I feel very fortunate that I’ve had two opportunities to work with Maggie, who I think is the best there is, really,” the actor said.

“The first time was in The Importance Of Being Earnest on stage and I’m grown up enough to know that it’s because of her that I’m in this film, that she said she’ll do it with Alex because we have a friendship and a history.”

Alex has only praise for Dame Maggie, who plays Mary Shepherd, an eccentric woman who lived in a battered van on Alan’s driveway for 15 years.

He said: “She makes you want to be better, to up your game, and I feel enormously privileged to be there witnessing what she was creating.”




Press Association.
Full story at Yahoo News.

No comments:

Post a Comment