Tuesday 3 October 2023

'The Voice' coach John Legend meets his literal match: 'A taller, more handsome version of myself'

Host Carson Daly, standing in the wings with Talakai’s family, even joked, “John turned for his brother!”

“No, I’m not related to John Legend,” Talakai laughingly clarified on The Voice Monday. “A lot of people think I look like John Legend. So, if John turns a chair for me, I’m going to be, like, ‘What’s up, cousin?’”

Talakai auditioned this week hoping to join the “Legend squad,” and when John was in fact the first coach to turn for the 34-year-old crooner's cover of Sam Smith’s “Stay With Me,” Talakai got his wish. John definitely noticed the seeming family resemblance, cocking an amused eyebrow when he spun around. Host Carson Daly, standing in the wings with Talakai’s family, even joked, “John turned for his brother!”

“Wait till you see his face,” John told his fellow panelists. “I’m looking at myself.” John actually called Talakai “a taller, more handsome version of myself,” despite once being named People's "Sexiest Man Alive."


By Lyndsey Parker.

Full story at Yahoo News.

No comments:

Post a Comment