Monday 9 November 2015

Carol Vorderman giving up TV career to fly solo around the world.

Carol Vorderman is turning her back on TV to pursue her dream of flying solo around the world.

The former Countdown presenter has spent the last 30 years on our screens, but said she’s now ready to quit the showbiz lifestyle for good.

“I have been doing this for 30 years. It no longer holds the same thrill. I am at an age where I want to do other things,” she told the Mail on Sunday’s Event magazine.

Carol said she has become “semi-retired” to look after her 87-year-old mother and two children, daughter Katie, a student at Imperial College London, and son Cameron.

“I am 55 in December. No matter whether anyone says, ‘Oh, you look good for your age,’ you’re still getting older.

“You’re not like King Canute, you can’t hold the tide back. But there are things I really want to do, in a more healthy way, as opposed to carrying on and still flogging myself all the time,” she added.



Press Association.
Full story at Yahoo News.

No comments:

Post a Comment