Sunday 8 November 2015

Comedian Michael McIntyre tells of seriously tough times when young.

Comedy superstar Michael McIntyre has spoken of his insular nature as a child and admitted his habit of constantly talking to himself was an omen of his future in show business.

McIntyre, 39, recalled not having many friends as a youngster and that he was "never totally engaged with people".

He told The Sunday Times' Culture magazine: "I was alone with my thoughts, and I was always talking to myself."

He added: "It was as if I was rehearsing - when I was with my friends, I would try to see how many laughs I could get."

McIntyre, who has been compared to the likes of comedy legends Tommy Cooper and Eric Morecambe, says he never watched sitcoms and "came late to so many parties", including stand-up.

"With regards to being a comedian, I suppose it was a natural thing, because I didn't know it was an option," he said.

The success of McIntyre's observational routines has, at times, made him a target for fellow comedians.


Press Association.
Full story at Yahoo News.

No comments:

Post a Comment